Friday, April 1, 2011

My experiments with Slow cooker series - Rice Kheer


I made rice kheer for my son's birthday as per our tradition.This time I made in slow cooker. It came out very well and tasty. Cooking in slow cooker also meant no spending hours in kitchen, no burning, no sticking, no stirring continuously. I was able to spend all that time on decorating the house for the party.
Rice Kheer
Ingredients :
1/4 Cup Basmati Rice
3/4 Cup Sugar (Add more/less as per your liking)
6  Cups Milk
4 Elaichi
7-8 Raisins/Khismis roasted in Ghee
10 Kaju
2 Tsp ghee
Roast khismis ,kaju in Ghee.Add washed rice ,sugar and milk ,elaichi in slow cooker and set it on High. 
Let it cook for 6 hrs. Add khismis after 3 hrs and add kaju while serving.
The khismis gave a nice light brown colour to the Kheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment