Saturday, November 17, 2012

Fish Fry

Growing up, my consumption of fish was limited to Mirghashira day and few other special occasions. Post my marriage to a bengali ,i consumed more fish in my first year marriage  than I did all the years before. The fish fry in my hyderabadi maternal home is full of spices and fish fry in bengali marital home only includes salt and turmeric bringing out the delicate flavor of fish.  Today , I am posting hyderbadi style. Typically we use Rohu but as it was unavailable, I used Tilapia.

 
Fish Fry
Ingredients :
10 Tilapia Fish Fillets cut in 4*3 inch pieces
2 Tbsp Red Chilli Powder
2 Tbsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
11/2 Tbsp Cumin Powder
2 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
 
Method

Mix Red Chilli powder,turmeric powder,coriander powder,cumin powder ,ginger garlic and salt with little water water and apply nicely to all the fish peices and keep it aside for an hour or two.
 
In a non-stick pan,add oil, after it is hot,reduce the flame. Put fish peices and fry till well done.

1 comment:

  1. Today I tried this receipe and I should say measurements r perfect to the T and no wonder everything is gone in 5 mins.

    Akka, Sreshtu ate most of it.

    ReplyDelete