Thursday, June 9, 2011

Kids Food - Chicken Burger

As every kid my Kid too is a fan of chicken burgers and nuggets which we get in Mac D. I wanted to make it little healthier,so here is my junk food burger which is not so junk. I just do the chicken patties and let my son assemble it himself which he likes to do.





Chicken Burger
Ingredients:
Ground Chicken - 1/4 Lb
Mint - 10-12 Leaves
Coriander Leaves - Handful leaves
Ginger Garlic paste - 1/4 Tsp
Ground Black Pepper - 1/2 Tsp or to taste
2 Tbsp Chopped Onion
Green Chilli - Optional if you want it spicy
Salt to taste
Butter / Oil- 3 Tbsp
Burger Buns as required
Lettuce leave,cheese optional


Method :
Finely chop green chilli,mint and coriander leaves.

Take Ground chicken in bowl, add onion, ginger garlic paste, mint ,coriander leaves,black pepper, green chillies and salt. Mix them well . Take small rounds and make them into flat patties.

Take a pan , Put butter or Oil and put the chicken patties and shallow fry them well on both sides till they are well done.

Put a little bit of butter and warm the butter buns lightly before assembling the chicken burgers.

Note : I freeze these cooked chicken patties for up to two weeks. When I need them, I usually just roast them again on the pan or grill them in oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment